- NEW PRODUCTS
- JEWELLERY DISPLAYED
- ABOUT US
- LEISURE CLASSES: Explore your creative side
- REMODEL TREASURED PIECES
- BESPOKE AND WEDDING JEWELLERY
Helen Swan Contemporary Glasgow Jewellery Designer from Scotland, specialising in bespoke designer jewellery in silver, silver with gold and silver with anodised aluminium.
I’m Helen Swan, a Scottish jewellery designer with 30 years’ experience in jewellery and silversmithing. From my studio in Glasgow’s West End I work with a variety of precious and semi-precious materials like gold, silver and diamonds as well as less conventional materials including brass, aluminium and rubber. My jewellery is mostly contemporary and my designs evolve as I’m influenced by new ideas, trends and fashions.
I’m also inspired by you.
When I make a piece of jewellery I always have my customer in mind. What would you find exciting to wear and make you stand out from the crowd?
I often use techniques that differ from traditional jewellery making methods to ensure your pieces have that ‘little something extra’ you require. I’m inspired by the ergonomics of jewellery and how a piece designed with the body in mind can create quite stunning results.
How unusually crafted jewellery sits to perfection on your wrist or neck is one of my specialities. I love to create unique mechanisms for clasps that whilst unconventional, integrate with the overall design to create statement pieces which are both eye catching and wearable.
Helen Swan’s imaginative and elegant jewellery is a world away from anything you’ll find on the high street. Her designer bespoke jewellery puts you at the heart of the design. Call to discuss designs and price tiers.
I have always enjoyed working with the ergonomics of a piece of jewellery. I design with the body in mind, trying to engineer new ways of attaching the jewellery and thus creating mechanisms that are unconventional but integrate with the overall design.
By using a variety of materials, precious and non-precious, combinations of gold and silver and both shiny and matt surfaces, the variations in structure, tone and texture allow me to be innovative and to create statement pieces which are both eye catching and wearable. Using similar materials and textures throughout enables several pieces of jewellery to be worn in combination allowing the wearer to create their own individual style.
More recently I have been making bespoke pieces of jewellery from sentimental pieces that have been inherited by my clients. Thus retaining the emotion behind the piece. ( see blog for comments with regard to this ).
If you would like more information about this contact me on Helen Swan Designer Contemporary Jeweller from Glasgow, Scotland
- Anodised Aluminium Bangle (7/21/2013)
- Big Changes, Ive done it at last! (6/25/2013)
- BLUE, BLUE ELECTRIC BLUE (3/25/2013)
- Brand New at Helen Swan Designer Jewellery (3/21/2014)
- Charity Event: Orkidstudio (9/23/2013)
- Colour Blocking (1/26/2013)
- Daily Record Press Release Sept 2013 (9/7/2013)
- December 2009 (12/27/2009)
- Designer Engagement Ring (4/20/2013)
- Designer Silver and Gold bangle donated to The Carers Trust Charity Auction (11/18/2013)
- Dragonfly Cufflinks (4/19/2013)
- Emerald Ball Charity Event (3/20/2014)
- Fathers Day (6/5/2013)
- File and Polish (2/11/2013)
- Greatful Customers (3/4/2013)
- Helen Swan at Lansdowne Bar and Grille (3/6/2013)
- Helen Swan Designer Jewellery attended an event a Stow College. Sept 2013 (9/13/2013)
- Hidden Gem. Oct 2013 (10/7/2013)
- Hidden Gems Jewellery Exhibition (11/19/2013)
- Insight Magazine (8/29/2012)
- Inter-changeable Brooch and Brass Bangle (10/4/2012)
- January 2013 (1/14/2013)
- Jewellery Leisure Classes (4/13/2014)
- Kilt Pins (1/18/2013)
- Kiss of Life (1/31/2013)
- Lastest update: Studio Upgrade (7/12/2013)
- Leisure Class 2: Texture (2/5/2014)
- Leisure Classes (1/31/2014)
- Local School Fair 2009 (12/29/2009)
- Loving Mum Sept 2013 (9/8/2013)
- Metal Patination Techniques (3/11/2014)
- More progress on my studio refurbish (7/8/2013)
- Mother Day (2/26/2013)
- MOTHER DAY (3/10/2013)
- Mothers Day (3/3/2013)
- New Arrival Cast ring (4/15/2013)
- New Arrivals at Kilmalcolm (10/5/2012)
- New Studio Revamp. Day 1 (7/2/2013)
- New Venture (3/15/2013)
- New Venue for Scottish Jewellery Designer Helen Swan (11/11/2013)
- New Workshop August 2013 (8/6/2013)
- Prince Georges Christening (10/23/2013)
- Progress is made. Day 2. Studio Revamp (7/4/2013)
- Scotland on Sunday (3/3/2013)
- Seasons Greetings and New Year Celebrations for 2014 (12/27/2013)
- Studio upgrade in Glasgow’s westend (10/8/2013)
- Studio Workshop (8/27/2013)
- SWIB: Meet a member (2/7/2013)
- The Way Forward for Helen Swan Designer Jewellery (6/26/2013)
- Thinking of getting married soon? (5/1/2013)
- Valentine Social (2/12/2013)
- Valentines Day (1/22/2013)
- Valentines Day (2/4/2013)
- Valentines Day – Just be glad of present day celebrations!! (1/21/2014)
- Valentines Day. Do you know your diamonds? (1/23/2014)
- WEDDING AND ENGAGEMENT RING SET (7/3/2013)
- What Jewellers don’t tell you (1/6/2014)
- Winter Season (12/14/2013)
- Xmas Show (11/13/2012)
- Youtube video: Dual Jewel. Designer Jewellery (5/13/2013)
Would you like to explore your creative side and unlock your hidden talents?
The Essential Techniques of Handmade Jewellery is a series of courses uniquely tailored to introduce you to the world of jewellery making.
Create your own wedding day keepsakes, your spouse’s/partner’s wedding ring or enjoy a fun way to catch up with friends.
The courses are taught by Helen Swan at her state of the art, purpose built studio in Glasgow’s West End. All tools and equipment will be supplied.
Take a look and contact Helen to find out more about these exclusive courses Helen will be happy to discuss which package is right for you. Tools and equipment are provided for each course. Non-precious materials and a small amount of silver will be provided but some consumables, like sawblades, may incur a small fee. Silver for larger outcomes will not be provided but guidance in buying and sourcing will be given.
Please email Helen@hswanjewellery.co.uk or phone 0141 959 5586 to find out more
Bring your Past into the Present; The Circle of Life
Do you have jewellery that’s been passed down to you by a loved one? I can make bespoke jewellery from sentimental pieces that you have inherited. You retain the emotion behind the piece while giving a much loved brooch, bracelet or necklace a new lease of life.
We all have treasured pieces of jewellery we no longer wear. Perhaps a ring that was a 21st birthday present?
We won’t part with them but styles and tastes change. Reacquaint yourself with the joy of these adored piece by giving them a contemporary twist.
You will never part with these keepsakes but you can’t enjoy them either if they are too outdated to wear. What better way to show your appreciation for an heirloom or a cherished gift than making a present of the past?
Call Helen to arrange a consultation.
Christenings, Special Birthdays, Graduation Day, Weddings and Anniversaries – the Landmarks of Life are to be cherished. The memory can brighten up a dull day and transform a frown into a smile. What better way to be reminded than to wear the memory? A bespoke piece of jewellery to celebrate a special occasion will speak a thousand words.
Have a look at some of these exclusive bespoke pieces for inspiration. Or contact Helen if you would like to discuss your own design. firstname.lastname@example.org