Information we collect from you
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the site. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing for any services provided by us through the site (including updates).
- If you contact us (by post, email or any other method), we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We (or our agents) may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them. Details of your visits to the site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
During your use of the site we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser types, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Use made of the information.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to enable us to tailor the site to your particular interests;
- to ensure that the content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We may also monitor user traffic on an aggregate basis in order to help us develop and improve the site for the benefit of all users. This data does not contain personal information. Please note in particular that statistical records are maintained of pages visited by users whether or not they have subscribed for any of our services.
All personal data will be held in a secure manner and may be used for marketing purposes with your permission. We will never sell or pass your personal data on to any third parties without first obtaining your consent.
You are advised that the Internet is not a secure medium. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that data transmitted electronically to the site or otherwise and stored by us is not accessed by unauthorised third parties in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998. However, you accept the risk that data transmitted electronically to the site or otherwise may be intercepted before reaching the site or accessed from our data storage by third parties not authorised by us and may be exploited unlawfully by such unauthorised third parties.
Once we have received your information, we will use reasonable endeavours to keep your information confidential and store it on a secure server which is password protected and hidden behind a firewall from the outside world. Internal procedures cover the storage access and disclosures of your information.
We cannot guarantee that the website is free from computer viruses and you should take your own precautions in this respect.
The site has links to other websites which will have different privacy, trading and use policies and conditions and you should familiarise yourself with these policies before you use or submit any personal data to these websites.